Instructions for e-filing orders for both regular transcripts and daily trial transcripts are provided on this page. You may also:
- Download our step-by-step guide to e-filing a transcript order (.pdf)(139 KB)
- Download our step-by-step guide to e-filing a daily trial transcript order (.pdf)(138 KB)
How to E-File a Transcript Order in CM/ECF
- Download and complete CAND 435 Transcript Order (one for each court reporter). Transcripts of multiple proceedings can be ordered on one form, but they must all have been reported by the same court reporter.
- Log into the CM/ECF system.
- Choose "Civil" or "Criminal" from the blue menu bar at the top of the screen.
- In the "Other Filings" category, choose "Other Documents." →
- On the menu displaying a list of e-filing events, search for or scroll to "Transcript Order," select it, then "submit."
- When prompted, enter the case number, then "Find This Case." When shown one or more case titles, select your case, then "Submit."
- Select the party you represent in the case. →
If your party is not listed:
- Choose "New Filer" to search for your party name in ECF; select the name of your party when it appears.
- If your party's name is not listed, add the name and address of the party; select the appropriate "Role" from the drop-down list.
- On the next screen, review the important information displayed on ordering transcripts, then "submit."
- The next screen will prompt you to enter the PDF file of your completed Transcript Order. Choose "Browse" button and navigate to the location on your computer where your PDF file is stored, then choose it.
- If attaching additional documents, click on the lower Attachments "Browse" button and navigate to the location on your computer where your PDF file is stored to upload the attachments.
- Select the appropriate court reporter from the drop-down menu, then “Submit.” →
- The next screen warns you that you are about to commit the transaction. Nothing has been filed at this point. To start over, choose "Civil" or "Criminal" from the main menu. To proceed with e-filing your transcript order, choose "Submit."
- As confirmation, you should receive a notice of electronic filing within moments.
If you plan to order daily trial transcripts for an upcoming trial, it is very important that you follow the process in ECF set up for that purpose.
- Steps 1-4 are the same as above.
- At Step 5, on the menu displaying a list of e-filing events, search or scroll to "Transcript Order—Daily Trial," select it, then "submit."
The remaining steps are the same as above, except that you will not be prompted to select a court reporter. Instead, your filing will be automatically directed to a court reporter supervisor for special handling.