WARNING: Bogus Phone Calls On Jury ServiceHouseholds in the Bay area have been receiving fraudulent robocalls threatening penalties for failure to respond to a federal jury summons. If you receive a suspicious phone call or e-mail claiming to be a court official seeking personal or sensitive information, DO NOT RESPOND. Read more about juror scams on the Court's jury service web page.
- Deadline April 17, 2015 Application Period for CJA Trial and Appellate Panel Membership and for Attorney Development Program Mentorship is Now Open
- Court Establishes Post-Plea Diversion/Deferred Sentencing Court As Part of New Conviction Alternatives Program
- District Judge Phyllis J. Hamilton is New District Chief Judge
- United States Courts Issue Public Warning Re: Fake Arrest Warrant Scam (www.uscourts.gov)
Cases of Interest
- C 13- 4065 VC
- Cotter v. Lyft, Inc.
- Former Lyft drivers sue to be compensated as employees rather than independent contractors
- C13-3826 EMC
- O'Connor v. Uber Technologies, Inc. et al.,
- Uber drivers sue to be compensated as employees rather than independent contractors
- CR 14-70771 NC
- USA v. Ryan Kelly Chamberlain II
- San Francisco man arrested on suspicion of possessing explosives and bomb-making equipment
- Richard Dent, et al. v. National Football League
- Class action lawsuit challenging NFL's policies and practices for managing professional football players' injuries.
- 11-2509 LHK
- In re: High Tech Employee Antitrust Litigation
- Antitrust Case Alleging That Large Employers In Silicon Valley Agreed Not To Solicit Each Others' Technical Employees
- CR14-0196 CRB
- USA v. Chow et al.
- Prosecution of Organized Crime and Political Corruption in San Francisco
- Kirk v. Target Corp
- Putative class action filed against Target after customers' credit card information was stolen from point-of-sale cash registers
- City of San Jose v. Office of Major League Baseball
- Antitrust Case by City of San Jose Against Major League Baseball Over Oakland Athletics' Planned Move to San Jose
- 4:09-cv-03329-CW & 4:09-cv-01967-CW
- O'Bannon v. NCAA/Keller v. Electronic Arts
- Antitrust Case by Student Athletes Related to Licensing of Their Names, Images & Likenesses
- No. C00-4599
- Allen v. City of Oakland
- Oakland Police Department Consent Decree