Thank you for your interest in the United States District Court for the Northern District of California. The court seeks to promote diversity in the workplace and to create an environment that embraces and celebrates differences among gender, age, ethnic origins, different abilities and races.
The first step in beginning your career search with the federal judiciary is to look for open jobs that match your skills, qualifications, and interests. Each posting includes a description of the position and the minimum required qualifications.
U.S. Courts video on working in the Federal Judiciary
Clerk’s Office Career Opportunities
View Clerk’s Office Career Opportunities for positions that provide court support services related to these core areas:
- Administration functions performed by Human Resources, Procurement and Finance personnel.
- Operations handles all aspects of court operations that directly relate to the core work of the court including Intake, Docketing & Records Management, Courtroom Deputies, Court Reporters, Interpreters, and Jury Administration.
- Information Technology addresses all hardware and software needs of the court.
- Criminal Justice Act (CJA) Unit
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Unit
Chambers Career Opportunities
View Chambers Career Opportunities for individuals seeking positions as Magistrate Judges, Law Clerks, ProSe and Death Penalty Law Clerks, Judicial Assistants, and Externs who focus on case related work.