Ninth Circuit Lawyer Representative for the Northern District of California Application Process
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 5:00 p.m., August 10, 2023
In addition, please provide the following information unless it is included in your resume.
- Office Address:
- Phone Number:
- List your professional bar association activities, particularly those applicable to the federal courts.
- Describe any federal court projects in which you have been involved.
- How long have you been a member of the Bar of the Northern District of California? How many years have you been in practice?
- Describe the size of your firm/office and the nature of your practice as it relates to the federal courts.
- Have you previously applied to be a Lawyer Representative? When?
- Have you previously served as a Lawyer Representative? When?
- Have you previously attended the Northern District Judicial Conference? When?
- Recommend a topic for a continuing legal education program for the Northern District Judicial Conference. Explain briefly why you believe the topic would be of interest to the judges at the conference.
- Is there anything that might prevent you from attending both the Northern District Conference (typically held in April) and the Ninth Circuit Judicial Conference (typically held in July)?
Please attach the following application materials in a single PDF document to an email with the subject line “LAWYER REPRESENTATIVE APPLICATION 2023-24”:
- Cover sheet with only YOUR LAST NAME, YOUR FIRST NAME, and YOUR FIRM NAME or AFFILIATION printed in large font.
- Answer to the application questions above with your information and your responses. Send the email to NDCALawyerRep@willkie.com.
- Please attach a current resume that is no longer than two pages.
For questions about the application or about being a Ninth Circuit Lawyer Representative for the Northern District of California, please contact Lawyer Representative Co-Chairs Valerie Bantner Peo (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Jonathan Patchen (email@example.com). Please note that these contacts are for questions only; application materials will be considered properly submitted only if sent to and received by the application deadline.
Thank you for your interest!
Valerie Bantner Peo and Jonathan Patchen
Lawyer Representative Co-Chairs