U.S. Magistrate Judge Reappointment
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
The current term of office for United States Magistrate Judge Sallie Kim in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California is due to expire on July 29, 2023. The United States District Court is required by law to establish a panel of citizens to consider the reappointment of a magistrate judge to a new 8-year term.
The duties of the magistrate judge position include the following:
- conduct of most preliminary proceedings in criminal cases;
- trial and disposition of misdemeanor cases;
- conduct of various pretrial matters and evidentiary proceedings on delegation from the judges of the district court;
- trial and disposition of civil cases upon consent of the litigants; and
- conduct of settlement conferences.
Comments: Members of the bar and the public are invited as to whether the panel should recommend Judge Kim for reappointment by the court. Comments should be submitted in writing no later than August 8, 2022, by:
Mark B. Busby, Clerk of Court
U.S. District Court, 450 Golden Gate Ave.
San Francisco, CA 94102